Reports to: CTO or designate
Telmar was purchased by LiiV in 2018 and is a provider of SaaS/software to advertising and media companies, providing the most influential agencies, media owners and planners with innovative cloud-based tools to help create, plan and predict the most successful media campaigns. With over 50 years of experience providing data and analytical tools for the marketing and advertising industry, Telmar’s easy-to-use software products and solutions support over 8,000 databases, making it the industry’s most trusted third-party data analysis software globally.
In the role of Engineering Resource Manager, you will be responsible for a team of up to 20 technical engineers. Depending on your experience, the team may be focussed specifically on data automation, algorithms, machine learning or general full stack development.
You will collaborate closely with the relevant Product Owner, coordinate resources to enable efficient sprint planning and the delivery of the product roadmap.
With engineers as direct reports, you will be able to facilitate technical discoveries, prototyping and engineering implementations through to delivery / commissioning, using the Agile process that has been adopted throughout Telmar.
As the leader of your team of engineers, you will manage their; performance, training needs, objectives and personal development plans and in doing so create and maintain a highly effective team.
Main responsibilities and tasks:
- Manage your engineering resources across the globe
- Recruit new team members
- Maintain coding standards and the quality of code
- Establish and maintain structures and processes to monitor performance
- Align Jira demand with the right team members
- Take action to deal with, and where appropriate escalate, exceptions, problems and issues of priority in a timely manner
- Maintaining great team spirit and team capability set to meet the needs of the business
- Support engineers’ growth - with direct reports ranging from junior to highly experienced engineers you will be responsible for their performance and their career growth
- Ensure that each team member has a relevant job description, objectives (OKRs), regular reviews of their performance, a development plan and a training plan
- Provide line management of resources within the team (direction, coaching encouragement, mentoring and career development)
- Data Driven - you are ‘data driven’ and bring analytical skills which rely on data to make decisions about the best action to take and are keen to monitor progress against key metrics and to quickly adapt as needed
- You are outcome focussed
- You have experience of managing a technical team, ideally within Data Engineering
- You have experience of hiring, supporting employee growth and performance management
- Communication - you enjoy a culture of open communication within your team and you have strong feedback skills
- Delivery - you are knowledgeable about modern software engineering practices and how to apply them
- You are an advocate of Agile and Lean practices
- You are experienced in the day-to-day practices of continuous delivery in a production environment
- Leadership - you place emphasis on continuous learning and you thrive on developing people and building team capability
- You are able to make hard decisions and tradeoffs and thrive on a high level of responsibility and autonomy
- Remote Teams - you have spent at least 6 months working remotely full time
- You are comfortable working on and leading a distributed team across multiple time zones
- Adaptability - you are comfortable with ambiguity and figuring things out as they evolve and you like to help and enable your team to do the same
- You are able to make conscious trade-offs when guidance is limited and information is incomplete.
- Previous experience in a similar role where you have managed a team
- Scrum Master certification
- Big data and machine learning experience desirable
- AWS Cloud Practitioner certification desirable
- Ability to keep up to date with advances in technology and best practices from the industry.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a distributed working environment
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Organized, detail-oriented, and deadline-driven
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work proactively, independently and as a team player
- Willingness to learn new skills