The role of Insights Director is responsible for defining, developing and implementing the strategy and methods by which Telmar acquires, manages, analyzes and governs data. It also carries the strategic responsibility to drive the identification of new business opportunities through more effective and creative use of data.
The Insights Director will be expected to undertake a variety of responsibilities including enterprise data architecture, data quality and governance, data strategy, business regulation and compliance, data marketplace platform design and execution, commercial negotiations and data-related agreements.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Deliver data-driven growth and innovation that matters by focusing on data enrichment, data monetization, data protection and data upkeep.
- Guide the evolution from survey/panel business to a data marketplace company: wider reach, more data sources, leveraged partnerships, workflow automation, new types of clients and solutions.
- Advance LiiV’s capabilities with advanced targeting data or audience data.
- Guide the data platform development and the AI/intelligent use of graph-based taxonomies and ontologies.
- Drive the automation of media schedule building against desired outcomes or budget constraints.
- Enable the optimized calculation of cross-media unduplicated reach and frequency of schedules.
- Develop and guide your own global team leveraging LiiV’s proprietary platforms in order to provide valuable insights that are used for strategy, planning, and digital paid media activation.
- Collaborate with sales teams and other stakeholders and meet with clients and partners in the market to understand the specific business needs and strategy in order to deliver relevant business insights reports, present them in market, and take part in business development activities to foster growth and strategic advancement.
- Create and manage customer audiences from DMPs and third-parties for prospecting in the LiiV hub, that keeps private data private using distributed and federated methods.
- Develop our capabilities to distribute audiences for planning and buying at scale across different mediums and verticals in the media planning industry.
- Extend LiiV’s sell-side solution from a regional success to a global one by fully developing its data capabilities.
- Build scalable real-time Ad scoring and ranking systems for bid optimization.
- Design and develop algorithms and systems for other ‘intelligent’ components in LiiV’s platforms such as budget optimization, multi-touch attribution, campaign diagnosis, multi-variant testing, ‘learning’ workflows for data loading as well as media planning, science dashboard and advisories.
- Research, design and implement solutions to challenging problems in real-time bidding domain, such as all kinds of optimization problems and audience measurement and understanding.
- Research and improve features and machine learning models for the production pipeline.
- Provide insights and suggestions on customer campaign optimization problems and product/platform optimization problems through statistical data analysis.
Education, Experience, Knowledge, and Skills
- Extensive experience in planning, development, management and execution for market research-oriented businesses
- Expertise in media/advertising research, database and strategic market research
- Extensive experience in managing teams
- Extensive experience in budget and revenue management
- Specialist in strategic innovation and ideation
- Specialist in product development and design
- Highly skilled in the management and analysis of large and incongruous datasets
- Posses a deep understanding of: Audience Data and Development, Behavioral Targeting, Data Exchanges, Web Analytics, Online Advertising Ecosystem, Media M&A, Display and Search Advertising, Ad Technology Startups, SaaS sales business development and services, and Media Consulting
- Experience in Graph Algorithms and RDF4J Graph processing engines is highly desirable. Other No-SQL expertise is desirable, with document-oriented solutions
- Domain expertise including geo-distributed cloud computing, Knowledge Graphs, Semantic Methods, Media Measurement, and Media Planning.
- Project experience with panel survey data, such as GfK/MRI or Kantar Touchpoints
Personal Attributes and Other Requirements
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Skilled presenter, both to large public forums and management
- Low ego and high intellectual curiosity