Insights Director - Telmar
UK - REMOTE
Telmar is the global leader in advertising and media solutions, providing the most influential agencies, media owners, and planners with innovative cloud-based tools to help create, plan and predict the most successful media campaigns. For more than 50 years, leading media and advertising agencies have relied on Telmar's innovative cross-media and data analytics solutions to create the most successful media campaigns worldwide. Telmar is a truly international company with over 25,000 users and 600 customers worldwide. Our team of media experts has a global presence with locations around the world including New York City, London, Toronto, Johannesburg, Paris, Amsterdam, Shanghai, Singapore, and Hong Kong. For more information about Telmar and its solutions, please visit: www.telmar.com
The role of the Insights Director is responsible for defining, developing, and implementing the strategy and methods by which Telmar acquires, manages, analyzes, and governs data. It also carries the strategic responsibility to drive the identification of new business opportunities through the more effective and creative use of data.
The Insights Director will be expected to undertake a variety of responsibilities including enterprise data architecture, data quality, and governance, data strategy, business regulation, and compliance, data marketplace platform design and execution, commercial negotiations, and data-related agreements.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Deliver data-driven growth and innovation that matters by focusing on data enrichment, data monetization, data protection, and data upkeep.
- Guide the evolution from survey/panel business to a data marketplace company: wider reach, more data sources, leveraged partnerships, workflow automation, new types of clients, and solutions.
- Advance LiiV’s capabilities with advanced targeting data or audience data.
- Guide the data platform development and the AI/intelligent use of graph-based taxonomies and ontologies.
- Drive the automation of media schedule building against desired outcomes or budget constraints.
- Enable the optimized calculation of cross-media unduplicated reach and frequency of schedules.
- Develop and guide your own global team leveraging LiiV’s proprietary platforms in order to provide valuable insights that are used for strategy, planning, and digital paid media activation.
- Collaborate with sales teams and other stakeholders and meet with clients and partners in the market to understand the specific business needs and strategy in order to deliver relevant business insights reports, present them in the market, and take part in business development activities to foster growth and strategic advancement.
- Create and manage customer audiences from DMPs and third parties for prospecting in the LiiV hub, which keeps private data private using distributed and federated methods.
- Develop our capabilities to distribute audiences for planning and buying at scale across different mediums and verticals in the media planning industry.
- Extend LiiV’s sell-side solution from regional success to a global one by fully developing its data capabilities.
- Build scalable real-time Ad scoring and ranking systems for bid optimization.
- Design and develop algorithms and systems for other ‘intelligent’ components in LiiV’s platforms such as budget optimization, multi-touch attribution, campaign diagnosis, multi-variant testing, ‘learning’ workflows for data loading as well as media planning, science dashboard, and advisories.
- Research, design and implement solutions to challenging problems in the real-time bidding domain, such as all kinds of optimization problems and audience measurement and understanding.
- Research and improve features and machine learning models for the production pipeline.
- Provide insights and suggestions on customer campaign optimization problems and product/platform optimization problems through statistical data analysis.
- Extensive experience in planning, development, management, and execution for market research-oriented businesses
- Expertise in media/advertising research, database, and strategic market research
- Extensive experience in managing teams
- Extensive experience in budget and revenue management
- Specialist in strategic innovation and ideation
- Specialist in product development and design
- Highly skilled in the management and analysis of large and incongruous datasets
- Possess a deep understanding of Audience Data and Development, Behavioral Targeting, Data Exchanges, Web Analytics, Online Advertising Ecosystem, Media M&A, Display and Search Advertising, Ad Technology Startups, SaaS sales business development and services, and Media Consulting
- Experience in Graph Algorithms and RDF4J Graph processing engines is highly desirable. Other No-SQL expertise is desirable, with document-oriented solutions
- Domain expertise including geo-distributed cloud computing, Knowledge Graphs, Semantic Methods, Media Measurement, and Media Planning.
- Project experience with panel survey data, such as GfK/MRI or Kantar Touchpoints
- Flexible working
- Medical cover
- DiSC Assessment (improve teamwork, communication, and productivity)
- We provide each Telmar employee with a framework for holistic and regular 360° feedback as well as for personal and professional development, enabling you to master daily challenges and continuously develop your own skills further via self-learning tools and formal training
- Employee Assistance Program (24/7)
- Weekly open-door meeting with CEO and the HR Team
- Summer Team Building Events
- Christmas Parties
- Office gatherings (when C-19 restrictions allow it)
- Random coffee dates every other week
- Meeting free Fridays
We are on an ambitious global journey at Telmar, no two days are ever the same and we’re therefore looking for people who can adapt quickly to this ever-evolving environment. In return, our multinational; best-in-class team will support your desire to grow as an individual and challenge you in new roles. We are proud of the team and believe that our diversity has made us more successful. We are therefore keen to recruit candidates from all backgrounds. Telmar provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type.
OUR MOST VALUABLE INTELLIGENCE IS NOT ARTIFICIAL