Telmar (https://www.telmar.com/), the world’s largest independent provider of strategic targeting and media planning solutions for advertisers and data suppliers is seeking an experienced Data Engineer with an interest in the media planning industry and the technology that surrounds it.
We are building a rapidly growing global team that will leverage intuitive software, robust analysis and data visualization techniques that reveal hidden insights from reliable but complex data sources to deliver sound strategies for our clients worldwide.
In this role you will be responsible for designing, expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. The Data Engineer supports our development on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery is consistent throughout ongoing projects. You will be excited by the prospect of optimizing and designing our company’s data ingestion process to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Develop and maintain datasets
- Analyze raw data and Interpret trends and patterns
- Prepare data for prescriptive and predictive modeling
- Combine raw information from different sources
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Conduct complex data analysis and report on results and Identify opportunities for data acquisition
- Develop analytical tools and programs, and build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies.
- Build algorithms and prototypes
- Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers and AWS regions.
- Reformulating existing frameworks to optimize functionality
- Ensuring that your work remains backed up and is readily accessible to coworkers.
- Remain up to date with industry standards and technological advancements that will improve the quality of your outputs.
Education,Experience, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Degree in Computer Science, IT, or similar field
- Data engineering certification (e.g IBM Certified Data Engineer is a plus)
- 3+ years previous experience as a data engineer
- Technical expertise with data models, data mining, and segmentation techniques
- Experience using the following software/tools: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
Personal Attributes and Other Requirements:
- Keen interest in AI (artificial intelligence) and ML (machine learning) for interpreting data
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to work effectively in a remote working environment
- Strong project management skills
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams
- Outstanding communication skills (written and verbal communication skills)
- Organized, detail-oriented, and deadline-driven
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work proactively, independently and as a team player
- Ability to work efficiently and productively in a fast-paced environment
- Eagerness and willingness to learn new technologies
- Analytical mindset
- Self-Directed. High energy and Self motivated