Reports To: Global Head of Marketing
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: Commensurate with 5+ Years Experience
Location: Remote, EU Based
LiiV™ (www.liiv.com) is the parent company to Splashlight, Splashlight Technologies, Telmar, and The LiiV Center for Digital Anthropology. LiiV invests in and builds strategic and cutting-edge organizations that sit at the intersection of technology, creativity, and human science.
In June 2021, LiiV signed a global partnership with UNESCO and created The LiiV Center with a mission to partner with private and public organizations to advance the Science of Digital Anthropology.
ROLE SUMMARY - PR/COMMUNICATIONS/ EXPERIENCE IS ESSENTIAL AND NON-PROFIT / NGO EXPERIENCE IS HIGHLY DESIRABLE
This position uniquely combines interests in Public relations, international relations, marketing and constituency building — all for the purpose of increasing the impact and visibility of The LiiV Center, and significantly contributing to the development of new programme partnerships and funding opportunities.
To be successful in this role, you will have experience working with an NGO or international charitable organization in a communications and/or PR function . You will possess excellent diplomatic, leadership and communication skills and have knowledge of current marketing and communication trends within this and broader sectors. You will be an ambitious self starter, with a highly analytical and strategic mindset but also creative and hands-on. You will have experience creating events, and a meaningful network that will drive awareness of The LiiV Center in both the private and public sectors.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS: MARKETING
- Work with the lead Director to develop, implement and manage the PR and Communications plan and strategy to increase visibility of The Centre
- Track record of planning, delivering and evaluating PR and communications campaigns that have successfully brought about change in policy and practice
- Experience of creating high quality, creative digital content for a variety of media and digital platforms from research to publication, newsletters, periodicals, posts and reports
- A detailed strategic understanding of NGO communications strategy, delivery and measurement
- Manage the PR and communications budget with oversight from the Lead Director
- Ensure programme milestones related to PR & communications are achieved on time and within budget
- Conducting market research and staying abreast of competitor positioning
- Act as a Customer Champion, utilize data insights and analytics to deliver a superior customer experience
- Manage The Center’s website design, content, development, and general maintenance
- Plan and implement direct marketing approaches including targeting, personalisation of messages and measurability; data analysis, customer profiling and segmentation
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS: COMMUNICATIONS
- Daily media monitoring (coverage) of specific regions on digital anthropology and any breaking news which might affect the organization
- Anticipate questions and drafts corresponding answers in preparation for any possible communication encounters by stakeholders
- Occasionally act as a Spokesperson; makes official statements on behalf of the organization
- Provide technical and policy advice on complex marketing and communication issues; develop communications strategies and dissemination outreach programs, and manage crisis communications on behalf of the organization
- Conduct sensitive political liaison work; create and maintain networks of high-level communication contacts with broadcast media, the press, governmental agencies, international institutions and other groups and organizations in civil society (non-governmental organizations (NGOs), businesses, community organizations, women’s groups, etc.);
- Provide diverse materials (briefings, speeches, questions and answers) for use by the Organization’s senior team; set quality and production standards for information dissemination
- Advise the Senior team on public relations and dealing with the media that, in addition to traditional sources, the communication unit utilizes digital media, as appropriate, to disseminate information and engage in communications, including such platforms as the websites, Facebook, Twitter and other existing and emerging digital platforms
PERSON SPECIFICATIONEducation, Experience, Knowledge, and Skills:
- BA in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, or equivalent
- Experience in start-up organizations in public and/or private sector
- Familiarity with NA, EMEA, APAC, LATAM
- Experience in establishing a brand and creating global awareness for an organization
- Experience producing events both in-person and online.
- Hands-on experience with CRM and SEO tools like Google Analytics, Google Adwords, HubSpot, WebTrends, SalesForce, etc, desirable
- Proven experience and success across all marketing disciplines (product, pricing, branding, strategy, social media, communications, business development)
- Solid understanding of market research and data analysis methods
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of French is required.
- Take responsibility for own performance goals and personal growth
- Fuency in at least one other european language would be advantageous
- Any other responsibilities as may reasonably be required from time to time.
Personal Attributes and Other Requirements
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Low ego and high intellectual curiosity
- Creative analytic skills
- Desire to make a positive impact in the world
Thank you for your interest in LiiV. Your time reviewing our post is greatly appreciated.