Senior Full Stack Software Engineer (Angular, TypeScript, NodeJS, AWS)
Tech - United Kingdom - Remote
Telmar is the global leader in advertising and media solutions, providing the most influential agencies, media owners, and planners with innovative cloud-based tools to help create, plan and predict the most successful media campaigns. For more than 50 years, leading media and advertising agencies have relied on Telmar's innovative cross-media and data analytics solutions to create the most successful media campaigns worldwide. Telmar is a truly international company with over 25,000 users and 600 customers worldwide. Our team of media experts has a global presence with locations around the world including New York City, London, Toronto, Johannesburg, Paris, Amsterdam, Shanghai, Singapore, and Hong Kong. For more information about Telmar and its solutions, please visit: www.telmar.com
Reporting to the Engineering Resource Manager, you will be a crucial part of a dynamic agile team collaborating with a multidisciplinary team i.e. Engineers, Product Management, UX professionals within our Agile methodology all driven by our mission to become the best in the industry.
This is an awesome fully remote opportunity to build cutting-edge technology essential to the media planning industry. We are focused on delivering improvements to clients and deliver robust, high-quality solutions on AWS using the latest development practices.
Our culture within our Engineering team is one that supports and encourages the constancy of learning and innovation - key to the success of an individual and team. We pride ourselves in that we are always seeking the next idea - or information to gain insight - just like our products do for our clients.
- Put your learning (and those of others) at the heart of everything we do
- Place deep thought into action, but appreciate that small moves are also progress
- Show leadership qualities of your own and allow others to display theirs
- Are humble and honest
- Know that Definition of Ready can be challenged to improve Engineer output
- Place trust as a fundamental value in all we do together
- See output and outcome as different - we support you to make an impact
- Provide 1-1 coaching to realise your potential in knowledge, teaching, and role
- Know that challenge is not conflict - it is a conversation to support the outcome
- Realise that fail stands for “first attempt in learning”
- Know skill and approach are different and we can support your positive impact
To realize our vision we are constantly in search of people who will bring a different perspective, who will challenge our thinking, create value for our customers and apply themselves passionately to our vision and culture.
In this role you will:
- Collaborate closely with the team to plan, prototype, scope, and develop frontend and backend web application components/features using Angular, TypeScript and Node.js, and Frontend Angular V8+.
- Build and use various customized tools: deployment scripts, build tools, within the AWS ecosystem.
- Use Git version control system, create, build and deploy company internal npm modules and packages, and conduct code reviews with your teams.
- Attend Agile ceremonies, take part in Engineers Technical discovery & ideation sessions.
- Mentor Junior Engineers and provide the learning framework to support learning.
- Have a 1-1 review every 2 weeks with an Engineering Resource Manager to define professional goals to include skills adoption, product awareness, and soft skills to optimise your effectiveness in your role. This is a regular coaching influence from someone who has been an Engineer and is now focused on your effectiveness as an Engineer at Telmar.
- Experience with Frontend Angular V8+ development is desirable
- Experience with Node.js is desirable
- Experience in implementing UI/UX design using Material UI
- A good understanding of RESTful APIs, JSON data objects
- Knowledge and understanding of AWS concepts and services for example AWS Gateway API, AWS Lambda (Node.js), ElasticSearch. JSON Web Token, Amazon Cognito, and Amplify Auth framework
- Experience with Jira and be able to author technical acceptance criteria
Education, Experience, Knowledge, and Skills
- Have security as a primary concern in the architecture, build, and deployment of solutions
- Ability to keep up to date with advances in Technology and best practice
- Willingness to learn new skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a distributed working environment
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Organized, detail-oriented, and deadline-driven
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work proactively and as a team player
- Ability to work efficiently and productively in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible working
- Medical cover
- DiSC Assessment (improve teamwork, communication, and productivity)
- We provide each Telmar employee with a framework for holistic and regular 360° feedback as well as for personal and professional development, enabling you to master daily challenges and continuously develop your own skills further via self-learning tools and formal training
- Employee Assistance Program (24/7)
- Weekly open-door meeting with CEO and the HR Team
- Summer Team Building Events
- Christmas Parties
- Office gatherings (when C-19 restrictions allow it)
- Random coffee dates every other week
- Meeting free Fridays
We are on an ambitious global journey at Telmar, no two days are ever the same and we’re therefore looking for people who can adapt quickly to this ever-evolving environment. In return, our multinational; best-in-class team will support your desire to grow as an individual and challenge you in new roles. We are proud of the team and believe that our diversity has made us more successful. We are therefore keen to recruit candidates from all backgrounds. Telmar provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type.
OUR MOST VALUABLE INTELLIGENCE IS NOT ARTIFICIAL