Engineering - UK Remote
Reports to: CTO or designate
Telmar is the global leader in advertising and media solutions, providing the most influential agencies, media owners, and planners with innovative cloud-based tools to help create, plan and predict the most successful media campaigns. For more than 50 years, leading media and advertising agencies have relied on Telmar's innovative cross-media and data analytics solutions to create the most successful media campaigns worldwide. Telmar is a truly international company with over 25,000 users and 600 customers worldwide. Our team of media experts has a global presence with locations worldwide, including New York City, London, Toronto, Johannesburg, Paris, Amsterdam, Shanghai, Singapore, and Hong Kong. For more information about Telmar and its solutions, please visit: www.telmar.com
In the role of Lead QA Tester, you will be working closely with the Product Owners, UX/UI Designers, Architects, and Engineers to deliver a ‘testing framework’ and toolset that meets the needs of the business. The span of ownership in this role includes the integrity of environments, unit testing, manual testing, automated testing, acceptance testing/customer sign-off, integration testing, CI pipeline process, and synthetic tests.
Working closely with the Product Owner and Engineering Team Leads, you will take ownership of delivering a ‘quality strategy across the company. You will be working remotely with key stakeholders and development teams.
Performing a wide variety of manual and automated testing including but not limited to functional, system integration, regression, and exploratory testing across multiple technology platforms. We would like you to be an ambassador of the fine line between the efficiency of manual testing and automated testing and be able to lead in both areas - working with subject matter experts to help you execute an efficient test process that enables the delivery of high-quality SaaS solutions for our customers.
This is a unique opportunity for a QA Test specialist to define a hybrid test strategy for a market-leading SaaS platform. If you are an Automation Expert or a Manual Tester with knowledge of how to effectively set this up - this role could be a pivotal opportunity for you.
- Create and execute a testing strategy within the business (process and tooling)
- Manage QA activity according to product priorities set by our experienced Product team.
- Monitor project milestones and roadmap deliveries to identify and track issues of significance, priority, and severity
- Collaborate closely with the relevant Product Owner, coordinate resources to enable efficient sprint planning and the delivery of the product roadmap.
- Supporting the relevant scrum events; planning/user story estimation, daily stand-ups, sprint reviews & retrospectives to ensure that quality code, based on solid QA principles are released into Test/UAT/Production on a regular CI schedule.
- Define functional testing of stories delivered in the sprints to ensure the platform meets requirements
- Create, run and maintain automated and manual tests and test scenarios to ensure potential issues can be fully tested for and remedied before deployment
- Running regression test cycles and produce test reports to the Sprint Team
- Support the team in smoke, regression, and exploratory testing taking a user-centric view of how we do our work and what we build
- Take ownership, define and plan test approaches and create test strategies for each functional area within our Telmar unified SaaS platform.
- Adjust and improve to test approach to capture issues in the agile process
- Resolve testing issues with the Product Owner and updating relevant parties with progress reports
- Report all bugs found clearly and accurately through bug\defect tracking using JIRA using priority and impact assessments.
- Define a series of extensible, repeatable, maintainable automated tests to enable frequent, high-quality releases, preventing any time lag between Engineering and release to environments.
- An understanding of working within an agile development team
- A sound understanding of cloud-based testing processes, methodologies, and techniques
- Good grasp of user journeys and proactively suggest improvements
- Experience in manual / automation test case management tools e.g. Atlassian Zephyr
- Experience in using test frameworks like Protractor or those with Page Object Models e.g. Selenium.
- Experience in Software testing tools (e.g. JMeter, NewRelic, etc.)
- Ideally have a base level understanding of a selection of coding languages
- Experience in using source code repositories within Github
- Experience in using API testing tools e.g. Postman.
- Experience in Cloud DevOps environments such as AWS.
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Proven ability to work effectively in a distributed working environment
- Ideally, at least 6 months working remotely full time
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Organized, detail-oriented, and deadline-driven
- You can make conscious trade-offs when guidance is limited and information is incomplete.
- You are outcome focussed
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work proactively, independently, and with a team
- Willingness to learn new skills
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and figuring things out as they evolve and you like to help and enable your team to do the same
- You enjoy a culture of open communication and you have strong feedback skills
- You are experienced in the day-to-day practices of continuous delivery in a production environment
- Flexible working
- Medical cover
- DiSC Assessment (improve teamwork, communication, and productivity)
- We provide each Telmar employee with a framework for holistic and regular 360° feedback as well as for personal and professional development, enabling you to master daily challenges and continuously develop your own skills further via self-learning tools and formal training
- Employee Assistance Program (24/7)
- Weekly open-door meeting with CEO and the HR Team
- Summer Team Building Events
- Christmas Parties
- Office gatherings (when C-19 restrictions allow it)
- Random coffee dates every other week
- Meeting free Fridays
We are on an ambitious global journey at Telmar. No two days are ever the same. We’re therefore looking for people who can adapt quickly to this ever-evolving environment. In return, our multinational; best-in-class team will support your desire to grow as an individual and challenge you in new roles. We are proud of the team and believe that our diversity has made us more successful. We are therefore keen to recruit candidates from all backgrounds. Telmar provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type.
OUR MOST VALUABLE INTELLIGENCE IS NOT ARTIFICIAL